The conference will focus on the topic of Islamic law and the implementation of Islamic law in Asia and the Middle East.
- Islamic Law and Freedom of Religion or Belief
- Muslim Constitution
- Dispute Resolution and Islamic Finance
- Islamic Law: International Terrorism, Radicalisation and Religious Extremism
- Women’s Rights and Sexuality in the Muslim World
- Muslim Family Laws, including comparative Child Rights
- Sir Michael Wood, KCMG, Member of the UN International Law Commission.
- Dr Kamal Hassain, former UN Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in Afghanistan.
- Dr Ahmed Shaheed (Essex University), UN Special Rapporteur on freedom of religion and belief.
- Professor Surya Subedi OBE (Leeds University), former UN Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in Cambodia.
- Professor Shaheen Saradar Ali, (Warwick University), former Vice-Chair UN Working Group on Arbitrary Detentions.
- Professor Mashood A Baderin, SOAS, former UN Independent Expert on Situation of human rights in Sudan.
- Professor Robert Gleave, (Exeter University) Professor of Arabic Studies.
- Dr. iur. Damos Dumoli Agusman, Secretary of Directorate General Legal Affairs, Indonesia.
Download the Conference Programme
Pricing and Registration
- Individual – £100
- Concession – £75
- Student – £45
- Individual – £170
- Concession – £125
- Student – £75
N.B. The Concession rate also applies to staff of government and non-profit organisations.
If you have any queries, please contact the events team.