Date(s) - 12/07/2017
10:30 am - 6:00 pm
University of Essex
Categories No Categories
Call for papers & posters: Sociology of Human Rights Event
Call for paper and Poster Presentations – Post graduate students working on sociology and human rights
We are inviting postgraduate students to present either paper or poster presentations at the upcoming one-day conference titled: ‘Understanding Human Rights in Practice: opportunities, challenges and the need for a contextual approach’, taking place on Wednesday 12 July, 10:30 – 18:00, Senate Room (4.722), University of Essex. The papers and posters should address some dimension of human rights from a sociological perspective. This event will provide an excellent opportunity to engage with established sociologists of human rights including the following confirmed academic speakers:
• Professor Lydia Morris, The University of Essex (keynote)
• Dr. Samuel Okyere, The University of Nottingham
• Dr. Kirrily Pells, University College London
• Professor Colin Samson, The University of Essex
• Dr. Damien Short, Human Rights Consortium, School of Advanced Study
• Dr. Alice M. Nah, University of York
For paper presentations, a title, an abstract of no more than 200 words and a brief biographical note (75 words) should be submitted whereas for poster presentations, only a title is required. Please submit these to the conference organisers: Sara Bailey email@example.com and Shovita Adhikari firstname.lastname@example.org by email using ‘Human Rights in Practice’ in the subject line.
• Deadline for paper presentations: Friday 26 May 2017
• Applicants will be notified of the outcome by: Friday 9 June 2017
• For poster presentations a title is needed by: Friday 23 June 2017 (all posters will be accepted).
For further information about the event or to register please see: https://www.britsoc.co.uk/events/key-bsa-events-lister/. Places are limited to 40.Please note, there are limited free spaces available for masters students. If you would like to reserve a complimentary space, please email Sara Bailey, email@example.com as soon as possible.